Ham and cheese tofu pockets
A fun and tasty snacks both kids and adult love. Hurray for tofu pockets!
- Author: Caroline Phelps
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 16 minutes
- Total Time: 21 minutes
- Yield: 6 pockets 1x
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Pan frying
- Cuisine: Japanese
- 3 Fried tofu sheets (abura-age)
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded cabbage
- 2 slices cooked ham
- soy sauce
- Slice tofu sheets in half and carefully open the inside so that it becomes a pocket.
- Put ham, cabbage and cheese inside each pocket (don’t over stuff it).
- In a pan over low/medium heat, add the pocket and cook on each side until crispy (about 8 minutes on each side).
- Serve topped with a little mayonnaise and a drizzle of soy sauce.
- Chop in as many pieces as you’d like.
- Serve with mayo and soy sauce.
You can eat these tofu pockets hot or cold and serve them with other sauces such as ketchup and tonkatsu sauce.
Keywords: Appetizer, side, soybean