Detox Red Cabbage Slaw
Cleanse your body and palate with this delicious vegan and gluten-free red cabbage slaw!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 people
- Category: Salads
- Cuisine: American
- 1 red bell pepper (core, seeded and thinly sliced)
- 3/4 pound red cabbage (shredded or thinly sliced )
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley, Italian parsley (chopped)
- 1 orange (peeled and segmented )
- 1 apple such as Honeycrisp or Pink Lady
- 2 tablespoons cashews
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
For the dressing:
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon 100% pure maple syrup (optional but highly recommended!)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- ground black pepper ( to taste)
- In a bowl, whisk all the ingredients for the dressing and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add all the ingredients for the slaw and pour the dressing over.
- Toss well and let sit for 10 minutes to let the cabbage soften a bit and absorb the flavor of the dressing. Serve
This detox red cabbage slaw will keep refrigerated for up to a day.
Alternatively, you can prep all the ingredients ahead of time (and make enough for the week) and keep them separate in containers, stored in the fridge. The only ingredients that cannot be prepped in advance is the apple since it will start to brown as soon as it’s cut.
Keywords: recipe, healthy, appetizer, side dish, vegan, plant based, vegetarian, gluten-free