Daikon Noodles with Creamy Avocado Sauce
Out with the Zoodles and in with the Daikon Noodles! This is a quick and very easy recipe for Daikon Noodles tossed in a refreshing creamy avocado sauce topped with cherry tomato and fresh corn.
- Author: Caroline Phelps
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 people 1x
- Category: Vegan
- Cuisine: American
- 3/4 pound daikon
- 1 avocado (peeled and pitted)
- 1/4 cup cilantro (roughly chopped)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 10 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1/2 cup fresh or canned corn
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fill a large bowl with water and add 1 tbsp coarse sea salt (put less if you are using small crystals).
- Remove the outer layer of the daikon using a vegetable peeler. Continue peeling long narrow ribbons (lengthwise) until all the daikon is used. Put the daikon noodles in salted water and soak for 25 minutes.
- Drain daikon and squeeze with your fingers to remove excess water. Wrap daikon in paper towel and pat dry, to remove as much water as you can without breaking the noodles. Put daikon noodles in a bowl and set aside.
- Put avocado, half of the cilantro, soy sauce, lime juice and olive oil in a blender and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and add to the daikon noodles. Toss well using tongs until the daikon noodles are coated evenly.
- Add cherry tomatoes, corn and cilantro and toss one more time. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 445
- Sugar: 12.6 g
- Sodium: 340.6 mg
- Fat: 37.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 6.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 29.9 g
- Fiber: 13.1 g
- Protein: 6.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: recipe, main, vegetarian, side