Cold Cucumber Sesame Chicken Salad
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 people 1x
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Japanese
For the chicken:
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 2 cups water
For the cucumber:
- 2 Japanese cucumber or 1/2 English cucumber (sliced bite size)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic (grated)
- 1/2 teaspoon dashi powder (or powdered chicken stock)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- soy sauce
- lemon juice
- Bring water and sake to a boil. Add chicken breast and boil for 5 minutes. Turn the heat off, cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Take chicken out, rest on a plate and refrigerate until it cools down to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, mix garlic, sesame oil and dashi.
- Take chicken out of the fridge and shred into thin strips using your fingers.
- In a large bowl add cucumber, chicken, sesame seeds and garlic sesame mix. Stir well and season with salt and pepper.