Cold Asian Noodle Salad
This is a quick and easy, spicy and nutty cold Asian noodle salad your whole family will love! Perfect for a barbecue or as a light lunch or dinner + ready in just 15 minutes!
- Author: Caroline Phelps
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 people 1x
- Category: Salads
- Cuisine: Chinese
- 200 grams pasta or other egg noodles
- 1/2 English cucumber, peeled, seeds removed and chopped into stick (julienned)
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1 dried red chile (finely chopped)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili oil (or sesame oil)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- salt to taste
- For the dressing:
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- For the noodle salad:
- Bring a pot of water to boil and cook the noodles according to the instructions on the package. Drain, rinse under cold water and drain well.
- Transfer noodles to a large bowl and add cucumber, bean sprouts and dressing.
- Toss well, season with salt and serve.
This Cold Asian Noodle Salad Is:
Low in sugar
High in thiamin
High in vitamin C
Keywords: recipe, Asian, noodles, main, side dish