- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Japanese, Poultry
- 3/4 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast (chopped bite size)
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1 large carrot
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 small onion
- 1 small tomato
- 1/2 English cucumber
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon potato starch (mixed with 2 tablespoons water)
- all purpose flour (for dusting)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup dashi stock
- 2/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons mirin
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- Chop all the veggies into bite size and put in a large container.
- In a small pot, add all the ingredients for the escabeche marinade and bring to a simmer. Turn the heat off and pour the marinade over the chopped veggies. Stir, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, add chicken to chicken marinade and soak for 20 minutes.
- Bring some water to boil (about 2 cups) and keep on low, to a simmer.
- In a large pan, heat up the vegetable oil. Dust the chicken with flour and add to the pan when the oil is very hot. Fry until golden brown.
- Put the chicken in a strainer and pour some hot water over to get rid of excess oil.
- Put the chicken in a large pan along with the veggies, using a slotted spoon. Add a little of the marinade (about 1/4 cup) and cook over high heat for a couple of minutes, until the food is hot. Add the potato starch mix, and stir well.
- Lastly, add sesame seeds and sesame oil, stir and serve.
- Calories: 372
- Saturated Fat: 2