Beef Miso Curry Recipe
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 65 minutes
- Yield: 4 people 1x
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Japanese
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 pound stewing beef (sliced into bite size cubes)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 zucchini (sliced into chunks)
- 4 carrots (sliced into chunks, about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 stalks celery (finely chopped)
- 1 medium potato (peeled and sliced into chunks)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons miso paste (I use awase miso which is a mix of white and red miso)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot over medium high heat, add oil and beef cubes. Season with salt (about 1/2 tsp) and stir. Cook for 3 minutes, until beef is cooked through.
- Add garlic and onions and cooked for 3 minutes, until onions are soft.
- Add curry powder and sugar and stir well.
- Add flour and stir well.
- Add red wine and stir until sauce thickens.
- Add all the vegetables and stir.
- Add chicken stock while stirring and bring to boil.
- Lower heat to a simmer and add miso paste. Stir until the paste has dissolved. Simmer uncovered for 50 minutes.
- Serve with white rice.