Spanish Tomato Bean Stew
Spanish style bean stew with tomatoes, garlic, olive oil and thyme. Comforting, satisfying and incredibly delicious!
- Author: Caroline Phelps
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Total Time: 65 minutes
- Yield: 4 people 1x
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Spanish
- 1 pound dried cannellini beans (soaked overnight)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 carrot (peeled and chopped bite size)
- 4 medium tomatoes (diced)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot over high heat add beans, thyme, garlic cloves and enough water to cover the beans by 1 inch. Bring to a boil, lower heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add carrots and tomatoes, bring to a boil, lower heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Serve.
This Spanish bean stew is gluten-free and vegan.
Keywords: recipe, side, vegetarian, legumes, plant based