Loaded Baked Sweet Potato Recipe
This perfectly baked sweet potato recipe is loaded with caramelized onions, fresh rosemary and crispy bacon for a tasty treat!
- Author: Caroline Phelps
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 75 minutes
- Total Time: 80 minutes
- Yield: 2 people 1x
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 strips bacon (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon rosemary (finely chopped)
- 1 large onion (finely sliced)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- coarse sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- lemon wedges (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Cover cooking tray with non stick aluminum foil (or parchment paper).
- Put the sweet potatoes on the cooking tray and prick them 2-3 times with a fork. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour, depending on the size of your sweet potatoes.
- Turn the heat off and leave the sweet potatoes in the oven for an additional 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add olive oil and onions in a pan over medium heat and cook for 20-25 minutes, until onions are golden brown (caramelized). Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a bowl.
- Give the pan a quick rinse, dry and add bacon and rosemary. Cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes, until bacon is crispy. Transfer to a plate covered with paper towel and set aside.
- Take the potatoes out of the oven and slice the skin opened in half lengthwise.
- Mash half of the middle part of each potato and top with caramelized onions, bacon and rosemary.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with lemon wedges and sour cream.
This Loaded Baked Sweet Potato Recipe Is:
Low in cholesterol
High in potassium
High in vitamin C
Keywords: recipe, appetizer, snack, Thanksgiving