Bacon Wrapped Asparagus With Honey Miso Glaze
This recipe will make your family and guests go crazy! Smoky, salty and umami bacon wrapped asparagus only take 25 minutes to prepare and make the best and tastiest party snack!
- Author: Caroline Phelps
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 5 -6 1x
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: Japanese
- 5–6 strips bacon
- 1 pounds asparagus (ends trimmed)
Honey miso glaze
- 1/2 tablespoon sake
- 1 1/2 tablespoons miso paste (red, white or awase miso)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Mix all the ingredients for the miso glaze in a bowl and set aside.
- Grab 5 asparagus stalks (or 8-10 if they are thin ones) and brush miso glaze on 3/4 of each stalk, leaving the bottom quarter clean (to keep hands clean when grabbing).
- Wrap one slice of bacon around all 5 asparagus tightly, but without pulling too hard so as not to break the bacon strip. Repeat until all asparagus stalks are used.
- Lay the bacon wrapped asparagus on a cooking tray covered with non-stick foil.
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes (turning them over after 10 minutes). Serve immediately.
This bacon wrapped asparagus with honey miso glaze recipe will keep refrigerated for up to 2 days.
Keywords: recipe, appetizer, party