Olive Oil, Honey & Apple Cake
Adapted from Le Pain Quotidien Cookbook, this Olive Oil, Honey and Apple cake will wow your guest for its beauty and simplicity.
- Author: Caroline Phelps
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6 people 1x
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: French
- 4 red apples (peeled, cored and thinly sliced)
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour (sifted)
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup pure honey
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- Grease and/or line an 8 inch (20cm) cake pan with nonstick parchment paper, then place the apple slices inside.
- Put flour, sugar, baking powder, olive oil and 2 eggs in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Pour batter over the apples and bake for 20 minutes. Take the pan out of the oven and increase heat to 400ºF.
- In a bowl, whisk 2 eggs and honey. Pour mixture over the cake and bake in the oven for another 15-20 minutes until golden brown and fork comes out clean when poked in the center.
- Serve warm or cold.
This apple cake will keep refrigerated for up to 1 week, stored in an air tight container.
Keywords: recipe, snack, tart, pie