- Prep Time: 7 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Japanese
- 1 ruby red grapefruit (peeled and segmented, juices reserved)
- 1 tablespoon gelatine (I use Knox)
- 1 3/4 cups grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Squeeze out the juice from the leftover membrane of the grapefruit in a bowl. Discard of the membrane.
- Add store bought grapefruit juice to the freshly squeezed one to make 1 3/4 cup.
- Pour the juice in a pan and heat up until very hot but not boiling.
- Put the sugar and gelatine in a medium size bowl. Pour a little juice on top and mix well until gelatine and sugar have completely dissolved.
- Add remaining juice and stir well.
- Pour evenly in 4 molds or small cups and add grapefruit segments.
- Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for a few hours until the jelly has completely set. Serve cold.