Enoki mushroom and bacon rolls
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: Japanese
- 8 slices bacon (sliced in half widthwise)
- 2 scallions
- 1 bell pepper (sliced into thin strips)
- 1 package enoki mushrooms
- tonkatsu or soy sauce (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 dregrees.
- Lay parchment paper or aluminum paper on a sheet tray.
- On a chopping board, cut the bacon in half and separate the slices.
- Lay one slice of bacon down and put another one on top, about 1/3 lower than the bottom one.
- Put a slice of orange pepper, scallion and a few strands of enoki mushrooms on top of the bacon slices, closer to the right side.
- Roll and wrap the bacon around the vegetables. Repeat until all ingredients are used.
- *This step is optional* – Brush a little barbecue sauce or soy over the bacon, on both sides.
- Cook in the oven for about 20 minutes, until bacon is well cooked.
- Take out of the oven and put the bacon wraps in a pan over high heat. Cook until bacon is a little charred and slightly crispy (2-3 minutes). Serve.
- Calories: 49
- Saturated Fat: 1