Vegetable Stir-Fry (Yasai Itame)
*This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclaimer here.
Yasai itame – vegetable stir fry
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Side
- Cuisine: Japanese
- 1 medium carrot (cut into thin strips)
- 1/2 head small cabbage (chopped bite size)
- 1/2 green bell pepper (cut into thin strips)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (cut into thin strips)
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 2 links Berkshire sausages (sliced on the bias)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Ajinomoto (optional)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- In a large pan over high heat, add the sausages and cook for 2 minutes. Add cabbage, carrots and both green and red bell peppers. Cook for about 5 minutes, until cabbage has soften and charred just a little bit. Add sprouts and cook for a minute.
- Add soy, a sprinkle of Ajinomoto and cook for another minute.
- Season with salt and pepper, and serve
- Calories: 179
- Saturated Fat: 3
Pickled Plum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.