Spicy sweet potato salad
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 27 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Salad
- 2 large sweet potatoes (peeled and cut into bite size)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 slices bacon (diced)
- 2 Thai chilies (finely chopped (or 1 jalapeno pepper))
- 1 tablespoon ginger (peeled and grated)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 scallions (finely chopped)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Boil the potatoes until soft. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pan over high heat, add olive oil, bacon and garlic.
- Cook for 3 minutes then add potatoes. Cook for about 5 minutes, until potatoes are slightly lighter in color (they should look a little fried). Turn off the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- In a large mixing bowl, add grated ginger, scallions, thai chilies, and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Add potato mixture and sour cream to the bowl, and mix until all the ingredients are well blended, careful not to mash the potatoes too much. Serve hot or cold.
- Calories: 461
- Saturated Fat: 21