Vegetable stir fried rice noodles – bifun
*This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclaimer here.
Vegetable stir fried rice noodles – Bifun
This rice noodle recipe is very similar to Korean Jap Chae but made with thin rice noodles. It’s mild in flavor but very pleasant to the palate and can be eaten hot or cold. This makes a healthy snack (like these yummy veggie stuffed peppers) as it’s low in fat and low in calories or can be eaten as a light dinner option. For vegans, either omit the fish sauce or use vegetarian fish sauce. This is an easy stir fry noodle recipe you can use as a base to create many different versions of it.Print
Vegetable stir fried rice noodles
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Total Time: 17 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main, Noodles
- Cuisine: Chinese
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 1/2 teaspoon tobanjan
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 10 shiitake mushrooms (sliced)
- 4 scallions (roughly chopped)
- 2 small carrots (julienned)
- 2 cups spinach (roughly chopped)
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 8.8 oz thin rice noodles
- Bring a pot of water to boil. When the water is boiling, turn of the heat and add the rice noodles. Cover and leave for 5 minutes. Drain the noodles and rinse with cold water. Drain well and put them in a large bowl. Add sesame oil and mix with your hands a few times. Grab a pair of scissors and cut the noodles into shorter pieces (easier to eat and serve).
- In a small bowl, mix soy sauce, fish sauce, sake and tobanjan together. Set aside.
- In a wok or deep skillet over high heat, add vegetable oil, garlic, onions and carrots. Cook for a few minutes until onions are clear and soft, and add mushrooms, scallions and spinach. Cook for 2 minutes, pour the sauce and add rice noodles, and sesame seeds. Cook for another minute until the noodles are hot and serve immediately.
- Calories: 181
- Saturated Fat: 1
Pickled Plum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.