Sauteed Radishes Recipe
Very simple and gorgeous to look at, sauteed radishes are a great way to change things up from the common vegetable sides we’re so used to eating. This is a vegetarian recipe that’s also gluten free AND ideal for weight loss and diets! Tender and almost turnip like, their taste is mild and uncomplicated. I love serving them with pasta or a nice piece of fish.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Total Time: 9 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Side
- Cuisine: Vegetarian, Vegan
- 1 bunch radish (about 8 to 10 radishes)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley (chopped)
- Trim and slice the radishes into quarters In a medium size pan over high heat, melt the butter and add oil. When the butter is bubbling, add the radishes and cook for 3 minutes. Add salt, pepper, vinegar and sugar and cook for another 3 minutes, until radishes are turning golden brown.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately. Sauteed radishes taste better when they’ve just been cooked and are almost sizzling.
- Calories: 118
- Saturated Fat: 5
This looks incredible! I have been searching for a method of preparing radishes that I may like and I think I’ve found it! Thanks!
It looks very healthy and zesty. Who says veggies are boring? Not me, I like this entree. I think a pinch or dash of black pepper (refined) could enhance the flavor.
I have never had a stir-fried cherry radishes. It looks mouthwatering!