Vegetable fried rice (yasai chahan)
*This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclaimer here.
Vegetable Fried Rice – Yasai Chahan
Vegetable Fried Rice
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Side
- Cuisine: Japanese, Rice
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 1 small carrot (diced)
- 1/2 green bell pepper (diced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/2 thumb size ginger (minced)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon powdered chicken stock
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 2 cups cooked Japanese rice (or other type of rice)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- In a pan over high heat, add oil, onions, carrots, green pepper, garlic and ginger. Cook for a few minutes until veggies are tender but still yielding a crunch (3-4 minutes).
- Add rice, and break it down using a rice paddle or spatula. Sprinkle chicken stock while stir frying. Push the rice to one side and pour the eggs on the other side. Swish the eggs around and slowly mix them in with the rice.
- Season well with salt & pepper and serve.
- Calories: 218
- Saturated Fat: 1
Pickled Plum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.