Spaghetti with Thai Chilies, Bacon and Peas
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 people 1x
- Category: Pasta
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 6 slices bacon (chopped bite size)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 Thai chilies (finely chopped)
- 1 cup frozen peas (thawed)
- 1 pound dry spaghetti
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley (chopped)
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil.
- In a pan on medium heat, add butter and 1 tablespoon oil. Saute onions for about 12 minutes, until golden and caramelized. Turn the heat off and set aside.
- In a separate pan on high heat, cook the bacon until short of being crispy. Add garlic and Thai chilies and cook for another minute. Lower the heat, add onions and peas to the mix.
- Cook pasta 1 minute short of al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water before draining your pasta. Set aside.
- Add pasta to the pan and toss all the ingredients together. Slowly add pasta water while stirring constantly.
- Serve and top with parmesan and parsley.
- Calories: 878
- Saturated Fat: 15