Spaghetti with butter sauce and cherry tomatoes
An easy buttery spaghetti with cherry tomatoes with a hint of heat from chili pepper flakes. Serve this delicious pasta with a simple spinach salad, a mushroom frisee salad or a bright and refreshing chilled pea and leek soup.Print
Spaghetti with Butter and Cherry Tomatoes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 people 1x
- Category: Pasta, Noodles
- Cuisine: Italian
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 medium tomatoes (seeded and quartered)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 10 kalamata olives (pitted and sliced in half)
- 1 pound dry spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- handful of fresh basil (roughly chopped)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
- On a cooking tray, lay aluminum paper (or parchment), and drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add tomatoes, mix with olive oil, and roast in the oven for 25 minutes.
- In a large pan over medium high heat, add olive oil and 2 tablespoons butter. Add garlic, red pepper flakes, a little salt and pepper and cook until you can smell the garlic. Add tomatoes, olives, and the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Lower heat to low and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Drain pasta( do not rinse) and add to the pan.
- Toss well, season with salt and pepper adn serve with fresh basil.
- Calories: 905
- Saturated Fat: 19