Gruyere Jalapeno Grilled Cheese
*This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclaimer here.
Jalapeno and gruyere grilled cheese
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Sandwich, Snack
- 1/2 pound Gruyere cheese (cut into 1/8-inch thick slices)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (sliced (keep the seeds if you like it hot!))
- 4 slices bread
- 4 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Cut off both ends of the baguette and cut in half, lengthwise. Now slice the bread in 1/4, making 4 equally sized sandwiches. Put the slices on a plate and microwave for 30 seconds. Put 2-3 slices of cheese in each sandwich with 3-4 jalapeno slices. Season with salt and pepper, close them up and press down a little so the cheese and jalapenos set in place.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat with 2 tbsp butter. When the butter has melted, put 2 sandwiches in the skillet and cover with a lid (using high heat will quickly burn your bread before the cheese has had a chance to melt.) Cook on each side for 3-4 minutes, gently pressing down and checking that the bottom isn’t too charred You want the crust to be golden brown and crispy. Put them on a plate and set aside.
- Add remaining 2 tbsp butter and repeat the same steps for the second batch.
Pickled Plum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.