Ginger Parsnip Soup
Adapted from one of Jamie Oliver’s recipes, this soup is colorful, light and a little sweet. This ginger parsnip soup pairs well with a spicy grilled cheese or for something healthier, a warm frisee salad.
Ginger parsnip soup
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 60 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Vegetarian, Vegan
- 2 carrots (peeled and finely chopped)
- 2 medium onions (finely chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 thumb size ginger (peeled and finely chopped)
- 2 stalks celery (finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound parsnips (peeled and finely chopped)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 7 cups vegetable broth
- handful flat leaf parsley (finely chopped)
- In a large pot over high heat, add 2 tbsp olive oil, garlic, ginger and onions. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until onions are soft. Add celery and cook for a minute. Add carrots and cook for a minute. Add parsnip, stir well and add the vegetable broth. Bring to boil, cover and simmer for 40 minutes. Use a hand blender or mixer to puree the soup until smooth.
- Add chopped parsley, 1 tbsp olive oil, stir well, season with salt and pepper, and serve.
- Calories: 239
- Saturated Fat: 2