Mushroom and Spinach Salad
I make this mushroom and spinach salad when I want something healthy, easy and clean in flavors. It takes no more than 15 minutes to prepare and is great as a side dish (see oshitashi for another great side dish), or you can add your own protein (fish, grilled chicken, beef) and turn it into a main.Print
Spinach and Mushroom Salad
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 people 1x
- Category: Salad
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 button mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 bag pre-washed baby spinach
- 1 shallot (sliced into half moons)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar (or freshly squeezed lemon juice)
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan
- In a pan over medium high heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil. When the oil is hot, add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes, or until mushrooms are golden brown. Turn the heat off and let cool the mushrooms cool to room temperature.
- Whisk the remaining two tablespoons olive oil with the vinegar until the mixture has emulsified. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add spinach and dressing and toss until the leaves are evenly coated. Add shallots and mushrooms and toss well.
- Season with salt and pepper and top with shaved parmesan.
- Calories: 244
- Saturated Fat: 9