Bacon Sun Dried Tomato Quiche
- Author: Caroline Phelps
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Total Time: 70 minutes
- Yield: 4 people 1x
- Category: Pies
- Cuisine: French
- 1 9-inch deep pie shell
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onions (sliced in half and cut into thin half moons)
- 4 strips bacon (diced)
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 6 sun dried tomatoes (in oil) (patted dry and finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Cook the pie shell for about 11-14 minutes (until slightly golden, or follow instructions on the package).Take pie shell out of the oven and let cool to room temperature.
- Lower heat to 325 ºF. In a medium size pan over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons olive oil and onions and cook for 15 minutes, until caramelized. Transfer to a bowl and let cool, briefly.
- Add bacon to the pan and cook until crispy. Turn the heat off and transfer to a plate covered with paper towel to remove excess fat. Let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs and milk and add sun dried tomatoes and parmesan. Add onions and bacon and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes.
Stick a toothpick in the middle of the quiche. If it comes out clean, the quiche ready to eat.
- Calories: 595
- Saturated Fat: 12