Quick fry bamboo shoots – たけのこの唐揚げ
*This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclaimer here.
Quick Fry Bamboo Shoots Recipe
It’s the ultimate snack because it feels like junk food, but without the guilt!
Quick fry bamboo shoots
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Fried bamboo shoots
- 2 cups boiled bamboo (cut in half, then into thin slices (found is Asian markets))
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Miso mayo dip
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons white miso paste
- 2 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Mix all the ingredient well. Set aside.
- For quick fry bamboo shoots
- Put the bamboo slices on a paper towel and cover with another piece. Lightly press to remove excess water.
- In a bowl, add flour and salt and mix well.
- Put enough oil in a large pan to cover the bottom by about an inch. Turn the heat to high.
- Add bamboo shoots to the flour bowl and lightly toss until coated evenly (the layer of flour should be very thin).
- When the oil is very hot but not smoking (throw a little flour; if it sizzles right away, it’s ready), add bamboo shoots (do not crowd the pan as this will lower the oil temperature. You may need to do this in batches) and cook for 2 minutes, until they’re a light beige/brown color. Rest on paper towels and repeat until all the bamboo shoots have been quickly fried.
- Serve with miso mayo dip.
- Calories: 340
- Saturated Fat: 4
Pickled Plum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.