Gluten Free Cranberry Cornbread
A sweet gluten-free cornbread with tart cranberries recipe everyone will love!
- Author: Caroline Phelps
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6 people 1x
- Category: Side
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free cornmeal
- 1/2 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 large egg, whisked (alternatively, for vegans: substitute egg for 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed mixed with 2 tablespoons water)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups low fat buttermilk (alternatively, for vegans: substitute unflavored almond milk)
- 1/4 cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Line a 13×9” baking dish with parchment paper or nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk cornmeal, all purpose flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- In another bowl, whisk egg, olive oil, buttermilk and maple syrup.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until well blended.
- Add cranberries and gently fold into the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until brown around the edges. Test the center with a toothpick; the cornbread is ready when the toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool to room temperature and serve.
This gluten-free cornbread with cranberries will keep stored in an air tight container for up to 5 days, refrigerated.
Keywords: recipe, Thanksgiving, Christmas, holiday cooking, gluten free, healthy