Charred Asparagus with Toasted Breadcrumbs
*This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclaimer here.
I usually serve these charred asparagus with toasted breadcrumbs with a beautiful piece of tuna, together with some confit tomatoes or with a poached egg . This makes for a colorful, rustic dish that goes great with a nice glass of red wine.
Charred asparagus with toasted breadcrumbs
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Side
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 12 stalks asparagus (hard ends snapped off)
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- dash soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 Fº.
- Lay asparagus in an aluminium covered sheet tray and cook for about 10-15 minutes, until asparagus are slightly charred. Take asparagus out of the oven and set aside.
- In a small pan oven high heat, add butter and wait until butter is bubbling before adding the breadcrumbs. Stir continuously until breadcrumbs are a deep golden brown color. Season with salt and pepper, add asparagus and soy sauce, give it a quick stir and turn the heat off. Serve on a plate with freshly grated parmesan and black pepper on top.
- Calories: 164
- Saturated Fat: 8
Pickled Plum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.