This cauliflower soup looks like a potage you’d find in a 4 star restaurant yet takes less than 15 minutes to prep (+ 30 minutes cooking). A little sweet and oh so smooth, this cauliflower soup recipe contains few ingredients, is low fat and makes a beautiful starter for those special dinners with guests.Print
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Vegetarian, Vegan
- 1 head cauliflower (chopped into small pieces)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- cilantro or parsley (chopped (optional))
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- In a large pot over high heat, melt the butter and add the oil, garlic, red pepper flakes and onions. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the onions are soft. Lower the heat to medium and add the cauliflower. cook for about 5 minutes until the cauliflower is softer then add the vegetable broth. Bring to boil and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and either use a hand blender or a regular one. Blend until pureed and without any lumps; you want a velvety texture.
- Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with cilantro or fresh parsley and serve.
- Calories: 156
- Saturated Fat: 4