Broccoli and Cauliflower Gratin
Making a broccoli and cauliflower gratin is a quick and easy way to add veggies to a meal. It’s healthy food with a little decadence! I usually make this to pair with a starchy or carb loaded dinner like spaghetti. I also like serving this simple vegetable gratin with a side of Asian mayo to get the flavors to pop even more. Balancing low fat and low calories dishes with heavier ones is something I do all the time, so Ben and I can maintain a healthy weight while still being able to indulge. The salami transforms itself when cooked in the oven; it becomes crispy and even saltier, with little pockets of fat melting in your mouth.
Broccoli and cauliflower gratin
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Side
- 1 head broccoli (chopped bite size)
- 1 head cauliflower (chopped bite size)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 slices American cheese
- 3/4 cup pecorino cheese (freshly grated)
- 8 slices salami
- freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Put the chopped broccoli, cauliflower and olive oil in a deep dish pan (I use a lasagna pan). Mix with your hands and season with salt and pepper.
- Break the sliced cheese with your fingers and spread evenly on top of the veggies. Do the same for the salami and sprinkle the pecorino over.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes, until veggies are slightly charred. Serve.
- Calories: 852
- Saturated Fat: 16