My husband Ben came up with this Sriracha quesadillas recipe a while ago, as a snack he quickly whipped up during one of our movie nights (he’s also a big fan of instant ramen noodles). Thin like crepes, the tortillas are crispy, hiding a soft and gooey center complemented with a punch of heat from the sri racha. Dip these in Morimoto’s wasabi avocado dip for extra wow factor.
Hint: Just like for crepes, the trick to not burning the outside of the tortilla is to only use a little butter or oil, just enough to coat the pan (too much of it will burn too quickly and result in a cold center and burned exterior).
If you like these sri racha quesadillas, try chicken banh mi!
Sri racha quesadillas
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Snack
- slices cracked pepper turkey ((or regular turkey))
- shredded cheddar cheese
- smoked gouda
- flour tortillas
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- sriracha sauce
- Heat a large pan over high heat.
- Add a little butter and swirl it around until the pan is evenly coated.
- Place a tortilla into the pan and sprinkle a little cheddar and smoked gouda on top.
- Add the turkey, a little squirt of Sriracha sauce (spreading it evenly) and cover with another tortilla.
- Wait until the bottom of the tortilla is golden brown and some of the cheese melted, and with a spatula, carefully flip the quesadilla over, cooking the other side until golden brown.
- Use a cutting board to cut the quesadilla into slices and serve.
- Calories: 620
- Saturated Fat: 15